Aberdeen Latin School is a partner member of the Classical Latin School Association. Through this partnership, we are able to offer one of the best classical programs for the 1st-8th grades. With the help of Memoria Press Online Academy, we are able to provide a fully accredited, NCAA approved high school diploma program.
Aberdeen's mission is to be guided by the gospel. Thus, we begin with a 15 minute promptus each day. Promptus helps us center our day on Truth with a focused survey on stories in the old and new testament and the memorization of key scriptures that continual speak of God's story of redemption and the saving work of Christ on the cross.
Reading, writing, and arithmetic are the foundation upon which the tower of learning is built, and they are given the highest priority in our primary school program. The basic skills, work habits, and attitudes formed in the primary years are of critical importance.
Grammar School & Upper School
Our grammar school program continues to reinforce and build upon the important academic and social skills emphasized in our primary school program.
- Quality written work completed in a timely manner
- Legible penmanship and accurate spelling
- Speed and accuracy in arithmetic
- Reading comprehension and vocabulary acquisition
- Memorization of poetry and scripture
- Appropriate classroom behavior
- Discipline and self-control
- Good manners and respect for adults and classmates